Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 8th, 2013 01:00

Dell Inspiron 5520 i7 - NOT SWITCHING ON PLEASE HELP

Hello, 

I have been using Dell Inspiron 5520 i7 for 10 months now, and yesterday for the first time this happened.

I was using the laptop listening to songs and working and it was connected to the charger and suddenly it turned off. When I tried to turn it back on it does not turn back on. No lights no sound nothing.

I have tried taking out the battery and turning it on by connecting the charger only but doesnt work.

I have tried taking out the battery and holding the power button down for 20 seconds then putting back the battery and turning it on but doesnt work.

Another werid thing is happening that when the charger's brick shows the yellow light that its on, but as and when i connect the charging pin to the laptop, the yellow light on the charger's brick turns off and when i remove it, it remains off for few minutes and then turns back on.

But the laptop wont start at all.

PLEASE HELP AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO.

I bought this from Pakistan and now I am in Germany doing my Masters, my exams are near and my laptop is not working.

Please help me ASAP.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2013 07:00

You'll need to call for warranty service - the mainboard needs to be replaced.  Since you likely purchased through a dealer, you'll need to return the system to them for repair under warranty unless you can transfer the warranty to your current location.

No Events found!