Highlighted
jamesonc
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5548 permanent battery failure, can't update BIOS, need help

I recently experienced a permanent battery failure on my Dell Inspiron 5548 laptop, and it can now only work while plugged in. The advice I found after perusing online would be to update BIOS. I've gone to Dell Support, had the site detect my Service TAG, and downloaded the manual BIOS update file(s). However, when I try to click on the new program, it brings me to this thing called "Insyde", which A.) asks for an ID and version and B.) won't work at all anyways since it says my battery needs to be at at least 10% for BIOS to be flashed. Now, I can't charge my computer at all since the battery is fried, since I'm basically running on electricity.

Not only am I unsure if a BIOS update will even fix my battery failure issue, but I can't even test it.

My Version: 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Advice?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell Inspiron 5548 permanent battery failure, can't update BIOS, need help

Hi Jamesonc

Thanks for writing to us.

if you are getting a message battery has experience permanent failure the chances are high for the battery to go faulty.

If possible you can try a different battery (if possible). What does the battery status/health shows in BIOS (tap on f2 on start up to load bios).

If the system is under one year warranty or an extended battery warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private

conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If

there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -

http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos