Highlighted
Not applicable

Dell Inspiron 5558 3 months old and hinge is broken, poor plastics used by Dell

I have a 3 month old Inspiron 5558 that won't close properly because left side hinge is broken. 

It was a bitter experience with Dell. I have been using my laptop with utmost care and never hit anywhere or physically damaged, as per your words.
Before buying laptop, Dell store person told that I will get express service and the person will visit home if there is any issue. But now there is no one to help even when I called 8 times since morning.
Dell is asking for 8k+ to repair one hinge.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

RE: Dell Inspiron 5558 3 months old and hinge is broken, poor plastics used by Dell

Hi nanaiahkp,

Please private message me the pictures showing the hinge issue, service tag, owner's name we can check what best can be done to address your concern.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Dell Inspiron 5558 3 months old and hinge is broken, poor plastics used by Dell

Funny, I have the same problem and was told by Dell that they have not seen ANY issues like this and that I damaged the laptop.  Oh, they also said it would not be covered under warranty.  Even though the email I received from Dell says:  IN15 - 5558 : 1 Yr Ltd Hware Warranty: Mail-in; Customer supplies box, Dell pays shipping (Included in Price)

I spoke to the warranty department and told it was covered under warranty, then I was transferred to non-warranty and was told I could pay for the repairs, then I was transferred back to Warranty when I debated the issue.  Their I was essentially hung up on.. 

I am very disappointed with Dell, their product and their customer no-service as Clark Howard says.  Actually, I may contact Clark and talk to him about this on the air.  I was treated like an idiot.  I suspect this might be part of the reason my company switched to a competitor for computers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Pradeep, thanks for your response. Please pass your mail id. I will reply to it. <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos