Highlighted

Dell Inspiron 5558 TouchPad

Jump to solution

Good evening all!

I just got my dell inspiron 5558 in the mail today. Loving it so far, but have a question about the touch pad. On my old laptop I was able to "scroll" through pages using the touch pad. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with this new laptop. I'm stuck using the actual webpage's scroll bar. I will eventually be getting a wireless mouse, but want to learn how to scroll for the times I won't have mouse with me.

Thanks in advance!
Marly

0 Kudos
18 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 5558 TouchPad

Jump to solution

Hi Marly,

Please refer to the below features available on touch pad of Dell Inspiron 5558.

GestureHow to do itWhat it does
Tap to click Tap on the touchpad. Selects an item.
Tap, tap-slide to highlight or drag Tap, and then quickly tap again and slide on the touchpad. Highlights text, and drags and drops an item.
Slide to scroll Place two fingers on the touchpad, and then slide. Scrolls the page. Pages can scroll left and right, up and down, or both.
Pinch or stretch to zoom Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them toward each other or away from each other. Zooms in (stretch) or out (pinch) on the touchpad.
Swipe for charms Swipe in from the right edge. Opens the charms. Swipe again to hide the charms.
Swipe for apps Swipe in from the left edge. Opens a list of your recent apps. Tap the app you want, or tap outside the list to select the most recent app.

Jump to solution

How is your experience with Dell Inspiron 5888 Touchpad ? I'm going to get this laptop but I'm little hesitant as my current laptop (Dell N5110) has the horrible (ALPS) touchpad, besides that Dell laptop is great so thinking to get this again.

Is 5888's touchpad is Synaptics ? Or is the other brand like Alps or ElanTech ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is my first Dell...just switched over from having an HP. The touchpad seems pretty responsive and now that I know how to use it, I have no complaints. Loving my laptop so far! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for your kind reply, and I'm sorry i couldn't  reply earlier.

Your response has somewhat restored my faith in Dell Notebooks. I guess, I'll be placing an order for same laptop tomorrow. I'm hoping, I'll be having a good experience with this one :-)

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
marashah786
Copper

Jump to solution

Sir I have windows 10 on my inspiron-15 5558 and am unable to use any of the multi-touch gestures.Please help me to get it working as it's very frustrating to not have physical buttons on the touchpad and also NO gestures. 

asabjork88
Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Marashah did you find a solution to your problem?
I have the same one but no solution so far and getting really frustrated. Contacted DELL through facebook, they sent me some links to drivers to download but nothing worked.

igor.salma
Copper

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Does anyone found the solution for this problem? I'm on Windows 10 and it doesn't work properly. Tried out many different drivers.

thamjid
Copper

Jump to solution

hi marashah, After upgrading to windows 10, try to install windows updates too. It solved many of my problems. The first windows update will give you a plenty of compatible drivers and security updates.

I am using windows 10 in my inspiron 5558 without any problem.

0 Kudos
marashah786
Copper

Jump to solution

The thing is that I dont have any other problems than the multitouch gestuers not workong on the laptop and frustatingly long boot times because it updates everytime i restart.

0 Kudos