Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2017 12:00

Dell Inspiron 5567 internal Mic doesnt work, please help

Hello. Today my microphone stopped working, it was fine yesterday. I dont know what happened, its enabled and the driver is up to date. I really dont know whats wrong with it, also its light is off( I assume the mic is right below the touchpad). I would reallylike a solution to it, since it hasnt been hit or touched any liquid or anything. Im really confused, because i also have 1 audio jack and i need 1 for my headset aswell so im unable to plug in an external mic.   TLDR: Inbuilt Mic isnt working, even its light is off.

532 Posts

June 21st, 2017 03:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We’ll surely try to assist you. Rest assured you’ve reached the right department. Please let us know the operating system installed on the system along with the service tag/ express service code via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you.

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 21st, 2017 05:00

Today my microphone stopped working, it was fine yesterday.

Hello. The Dell guy failed to mention that the 1st step to resolve an audio problem is to re-install the Realtek audio driver. If that doesn't fix it, then it could be due to a hardware failure, which would be covered under the warranty.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2017 07:00

I did reinstall the drivers, so most likely, because the light on the mic has extinguished. The only concerning factor is that the PC is less than a month old. I will try to bring it to the shop for warranty repair. Ty

No Events found!