This is rediculous... I got a new Dell Inspiron 5737 and:
- when you close the lid or press the button or start to either go to SLEEP or HYBERNATE
- the screen goes BLANK
- the laptop continues to operate but with a black screen
- you cannot wake it up
- only way to make it work again is to do a HARD REBOOT!!!
I tried so many things:
- updated all display drivers
- BIOS to A06
- changed the settings in sharing that did not allow to sleep when in AC power
CAN ANEYONE PLEASE HELP?
STILL THE PROBLEM REMAINS!
I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH DELL I WILL NEVER STRAY FROM SONY AGAIN!!!
We bought 3 same laptops from Dell all with the same problem and nobody from DELL seems to care.
This is definately the last time I waste my money byuing from DELL.
After contacting DELL support Greece today it seems that the problem was solved as follows:
1. Upgrade BIOS to A06.
2. Download (do not install yet) the drivers for Windows 8.1 from DELL's site (not from the manufacturers) for Chipset x 2 and Display x 2. These are the ones in the attached image.
3. Go to Device manager and uninstall the Device AMD Radeon 8800M. Check the box to uninstall ALL software from this device.
4. From Programs and Features uninstall all AMD-CATALYST software. I had only 1.
5. Install all drivers EXCEPT the one for VIDEO_AMD - the first one in the image above.
7. Check if the AMD device is still uninstalled if not go to step 3.
8. Install the driver "Video_AMD....". This is the driver for AMD Radeon 8800M and above the first one in the image.
It should now work.
I fixed my problem using the instructions above. But I do not have the possibility to control Radeon graphics. Previously I had the possibility to choose the graphics for the program working. In addition after installing Intel Graphics Adapter WDDM 1.2 & 1.3, sleeping doesn't work again! I'm trying to recover my system to the previous point right know. Dell responded after two weeks, for my previous question - I have no idea how the next bussiness day quarantee works....
It works, except for sleep mode:
after entering sleep mode (which seems to go flawlessy, with the power led "breathing"), I can wake up the laptop by pressing briefly the power button i.e. not a hard reboot. However it does reboot and I lose any work I was doing; I also get a windows error report.
I did all what is written above. All drivers are updated.
I am about to download and install Win 8 once again. The recovery option doesn't work as well.
Dell doesn't respond for mails, I have no time to call by 17.00, when they work.
Will I have any problems after reinstalling WIn 8?