Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 Drivers

Thought I replied to this, but I don't see it, so forgive me if this shows up twice.

You are so good! Both of those worked just like they're supposed to. Where did you find them?

Thanks much,

Cathy

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

They were for the Inspiron 6400 and are slightly newer versions. The 6400 and 6000 have alot of hardware in common.

The Dell Notebook Software, Intel Chipset, Ricoh Chipset, Conexant Modem Driver & Application, Broadcom Ethernet Driver & Diagnostic, Audio, Touchpad and Dell Quickset should be interchangeable in XP and Vista. (Although for some reason Quickset isn't interchangeable in Vista and there is no Vista version for the 6000).

Glad you got it working. 🙂 I don't know why the ones you tried earlier didn't work... but anyway you have newer versions.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Interesting. Hopefully, I will now get it in my head to copy the Dell drivers folder from drives before I wipe them!! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Hmm I usually prefer getting the latest set from the Dell Website (although appears it isn't exactly the latest set on the 6000 page) and always wipe the driver folder. Either way will work.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos