Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2017 15:00

Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming Loud Fan Noise

When i start playing games , theres a loud fan noise which is bothering me so much. Anyone help me with this. I just bought this laptop a day ago.

April 25th, 2017 22:00

Hi jmrocksmen1,

Please update BIOS to the latest version. You visit support.dell.com and enter the service tag. Click drivers and download on the left hand-side. Then click find it myself and install the latest BIOS.

Let us know if this helps.

16 Posts

April 25th, 2017 23:00

Hey Dell,

I'm done doing it. The fan still noises so much when i play high graphics game like Dota 2.

It bothers me alot :(

April 26th, 2017 13:00

Hi,

Is the system heating up? Please refer http://tinyurl.com/mm9zf8y and try the steps suggested. Also please make sure the laptop is used on hard flat surface so that there is proper air flow.

If this still persists, please click on my name add me as your friend to PM the service tag let me check for you.

16 Posts

April 27th, 2017 17:00

Sir, You're not replying my messages.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 27th, 2017 18:00

When i start playing games , theres a loud fan noise which is bothering me so much. Anyone help me with this. I just bought this laptop a day ago.

I will assume you have a 7567 or one of the other gaming versions.  I had my system running benchmarking today so the fans were running at high speed.  What level of sound will bother you I cannot know, but my system did not seem to get loud enough to bother me.

So, if yours is louder the fans must be running faster.  If you had a decibel meter, we could compare.  But for now make sure the air intakes on the bottom are not being blocked.  You might even elevate the back to see if it makes a difference.

There could be a situation where the GPU was not being cooled correctly due to installation problems.  If that were to be the case, you would need to have it serviced.  You could try running some software to monitor the system, but the only way to know for sure would be to compare yours to another of the same type.                                

16 Posts

April 28th, 2017 06:00

www.youtube.com/watch <<  Check it out sir. The noise, i recorded it.

16 Posts

April 28th, 2017 07:00

The GPU temp and core temp ain't bad. it runs like 54~67 degrees while gaming

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 28th, 2017 08:00

www.youtube.com/watch <<  Check it out sir. The noise, i recorded it.

From what I can tell after listening the video, it sounds like mine..  

16 Posts

April 28th, 2017 17:00

Is this normal sir?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

If your temperatures are normal then the system isn't running faster than normal.  I would say what you are hearing is normal.

It is always good to get other opinions so maybe someone else will confirm that it is normal.

16 Posts

Dell didn't help me yet. I haven't receive any replies.

16 Posts

April 29th, 2017 11:00

Sir, Reply to me now. I really need you. I messaged you already.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2017 09:00

Does anyone have an answer to this problem????

No Events found!