Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2015 17:00

Dell Inspiron 7537 (2013) Random Reboot

Hi everyone,

I am an happy Italian owner of a Dell Inspiron 7537 from November 2013. It's awesome. Snappy, light, good screen and excellent battery life. I had always run Windows 8.1 since Windows 10 came out last July/August. So i made the upgrade and the first problems arise. 

Randomly if I shut down the computer (via software) or put it to sleep by closing the lid it just reboot itself giving me only a black screen with any possibilities to interact with. I usually take a bicycle ride to come back home after work and every time I arrived home i find out that the fan is spinning loud and that the laptop is on, so i open the lid but the screen is completely off and no keyboard keys or touchpad actually works.

During the past months i realize that it happens only when I get the bike ride, so when i lift it up from my workbench and put it in the bagpack. It is possible that is the "free fall sensor" (maybe non properly configured) sees the acceleration and the "wrong" orientation of the laptop and, for whatever reason, boots the laptop on?

So I perform several clean installation of Win 10 but the problem is still there.

It is a common problem due to Windows 10? Am i alone?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 20th, 2015 21:00

Hi merlo94,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and Video card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the hard drive and memory. You can download SupportAssist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

3 Posts

September 21st, 2015 11:00

Hi Ravi BC,

thank you for the quick reply.

I've update my BIOS and my Video Card Driver, I did the Pre-Boot Tests too but nothing has changed.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 23rd, 2015 12:00

Hi merlo94,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

2. Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.

3. Now select properties.

4. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

5. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

6. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then Nvidia/AMD card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!