Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2014 11:00

Dell Inspiron 7537 - Display - Burn-in / Image Retention issue

Hi,
Today I was shocked to notice a burn-in problem in this laptop display.
I was surfing the net, suddenly i minimize the browser (google chrome) and then i notice a subtle black n white bar around the top edge of the screen like the browser title bar and white address bar.

Desktop Screenshot http://i61.tinypic.com/160wtv.jpg

To confirm i searched google and then i did a checker board - full grey screen test, and yes this display has that problem but not the whole screen, but around the edges.

It's also said in this (Check the 3rd reply) http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/732390-new-inspiron-7537-7737-touch-haswell-gt750m-22.html

Anyone else faced this???
It's really sad dell's quality is really gone down, it's like cheap companies. :(

6 Posts

January 5th, 2015 12:00

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated issue. I have the Inspiron 7437 (14") and it also displayed the same image retention issue. I am trying to have my laptop replaced under warranty but most likely the replacement will also have the same issue. It doesn't help matters that Dell stopped supporting or making the 7437 model within 1 year of releasing it!

This will be the last time I ever purchase a Dell product.

BTW - The 2013 XPS models had the same issue. So Dell knowingly used the same defective panels from the same manufacturer in their 2014 models. That really tells me all I need to know about how much they value making quality hardware and being customer focused...

94 Posts

January 5th, 2015 19:00

It's very hard to find quality now-a-days, even if you pay premium price.
My display doesn't has only ghosting issue, also color banding and backlight bleeding. And Dell's quality dept. and R&D are not upto mark.

It's not only Dell.
My friend has a Macbook pro, that also suffered backlight bleeding problem.

No Events found!