Highlighted
pinerosl
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7537 Microphone Hardware Tilting Screen Problem - Dell Unhelpful

Since a few weeks ago, my microphone has only been working when tilting the screen forward. I saw a previous discussion (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-pictures/microphone-not-working-that-... ) where people have reported similar problems. Although my laptop was still under warranty when I reported the problem to Dell, they proceeded to sending me an onsite technician with a repair microphone part who said that he could not replace just the microphone because I had a touchscreen (you would think Dell would have checked to send the right part), then a refurbished new screen that did not work at all on my computer, and then refused to solve the problem by arguing that my system was no longer under warranty (which it was not by the time they finally sent the non working screen and I called back to ask for another one to be sent—it was all problems from their side). Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if they were able to fix it themselves, as now my microphone is not working at all, not even when I tilt the screen.

I have also noticed the same problem for the touch screen. It only works when the screen is tilted forward, and I am afraid that, like the microphone, it will reach a point of no return. It seems to me that there is some faulty wiring from the screen components into the base. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos