Highlighted
thepolocow
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7548 Screen Issue

Hello, I have had my Dell Inspiron 15 7548 since last July and I have just now noticed this screen issue. It is a white spot on the left-middle  area of the screen that looks almost like a smear. It looks almost like some sort of backlight bleed. It is very distracting for me and discourages me from using this laptop. Is there any way to fix this? If it requires me sending my laptop in for repair will it be covered by my warranty (that's still active until this october)? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 7548 Screen Issue

Hi,

Please reply us with the snapshot of the LCD screen so that we can check and assist you further.

Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

0 Kudos
thepolocow
1 Copper

Sorry for the late reply; it was kind of hard to capture the mark on camera but it's a lot more visible in person

Btw the LCD BIST did not fix it and when i plug my laptop to a monitor the mark does not show on the monitor so I think it's a hardware issue

0 Kudos
thepolocow
1 Copper

Is there any other way to fix this?

0 Kudos