Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 8th, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspiron 7560 Warning message for Adapter charger

Hi I am getting warning message :The AC adapter type cannot be determined.

This will prevent optimal system performance.

Please check the AC adapter connect properly, remove AC adapter and plug-in it again

So this appears whenever I plug my charger with some power socket but when I plug with different power Socket the message did not appear and also running diagnostic  did not report any charger problem warning

Messages so please let know how to identify which power socket we have to use for plugging charger?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2017 10:00

There is only one power socket on the system.

Does the system setup (F2 at powerup) recognize the AC adapter, or does it show unknown?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 8th, 2017 10:00

"There is only one power socket on the system."
* Or was he referring to the wall power socket?

November 8th, 2017 11:00

Yes correct Chris  I Am referring to the wall power socket  and also system setup recognize the adapter

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2017 12:00

I'd guess wherever you do see the problem, you have a wall outlet that's not correctly grounded.  If these are in your home, have a qualified electrician check the outlet.

If it's a sporadic problem with many outlets, I'd guess it's either a charger with a bent or misaligned center pin (carefully straighten that or replace the adapter) -- or a DC jack in the system that's going bad.  That's this part:

www.amazon.com/.../B00GX4KK20

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 8th, 2017 14:00

A bad wall outlet would cause the AC adapter to not be recognized by the system BIOS.

No Events found!