Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 09:00

Dell Inspiron 7567 UHD model problem with 4K Video on Youtube

I buy the new Inspiron 7567 that come with i7 7700HQ + 8GB Ram + 1050Ti + 4K UHD IPS Screen

But when install the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit and latest driver update from dell website that search by Dell Service Tag.

When i played the 4K video on Youtube (Chrome and MS Edge) is not smoothing have lag every 10 sec.

No problem with 1080 or 2K res.

Anyone see the same problem like this? I think this HW spec should be fine for playing 4K video?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 21st, 2017 10:00

What kind of bandwidth do you have?  Are you using a wireless connection?  If so, what speed - and what type of Internet connection do you have (DSL, cable, etc.)-- and what speed?

4K video is a lot more demanding than FHD video -- rough estimate is that you need a spare (unused) 15-20 Mbps just for that one stream.  If your cable bandwidth is 30 Mbps (common), make sure no one else in the home is using bandwidth at that time.   If you have a DSL connection (Frontier, etc.) you can just about forget 4K streaming - you're lucky to get 6-10 Mbps total.

March 21st, 2017 11:00

The buffer is good and i already try to waiting the video loading for a sec before play.

No prob that the size decrease during playing.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

My first thought also was the network capability..

If you put the mouse on the screen, you can see the progress bar during YouTube videos.  That progress bar shows the buffer size which needs to be large enough to keep the playback from having to wait.  

So, does the buffer length stay the same or does it decrease in size during 4K videos?

I using 30mbps cable at my home. I think it's should be okay for 4K steaming?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 21st, 2017 12:00

I will venture the problem is the bandwidth of your network connection - not the system itself.  If you're absolutely positive no one is on the network at the same time  AND your TV/DVR is powered off, 30 Mbps will feed one network 4K stream.  As soon as you turn on a TV, use the DVR, or someone else signs on to the network, you won't have enough bandwidth for a 4K stream.

You may also want to test your actual network speed (www.speedtest.net is one way).  You may very easily find that what you think is 30 megabit is really in the upper teens to low 20s (unlike fiber/DSL connections, cable connections are shared bandwidth - the speed will come and go depending on just what other subscribers on the same network branch are doing).

No Events found!