moochiek
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7568 Graphics Glitch when unplugging from power cable

I am trying to figure out if I have a faulty hardware or if there is a software solution to this issue.

My laptop has a 4K touchscreen and has only Intel Graphics 520. It has i7-6500U CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB Sandisk Z400 SSD. Running Windows 10, latest updates etc.

Every time I disconnect the power cable and it switches to battery, the screen starts glitching and switches between regular screen to one with vertical green and red lines (still readable but heavily distorted). It usually stops glitching after a minute or two.

This is what I did/try so far:

- updated BIOS

- updated SSD firmware (laptop was randomly freezing for 30 seconds prior to that)

- tried 3 different Intel drivers (even manually installed latest one that refused to automatically install)

- disabled dynamic brightness settings in Power Options

- forced maximum graphics performance when on battery in Power Options

Nothing works, the screen is still glitching. At this point, I suspect perhaps there is some hardware issue with the graphics (motherboard).

Any other things to try?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell Inspiron 7568 Graphics Glitch when unplugging from power cable

Thank you for your message.

Please restart the computer & tap F2 to get into bios, while in the bios screen disconnect the charger & check if the issue persists.

You can try connecting an external monitor & try the same steps above & check if the issue persists.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos