Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2013 03:00

Dell Inspiron 7720 SE - Gpu boost is turning off

I have decided to create a new post regarding this issue, which wasn´t solved at last bios update (A12)..

GPU boost (OC to 835MHZ) is not working anymore and stick the frequency at default level all the time (745MHZ).

This happens when this laptop is disconnected from AC and it´s permanent stuck till you remove and re-insert the battery to reset somekind of memory.

I would understand if this feature will work on battery to save energy, but this is clearly a bug and after reconnecting AC, it should enable GPU boost again, but it doesn´t.

So, everytime i accidentally disconnect my laptop from power supply, my GPU boost is turned off and i have to painfully turn off the laptop and re-insert the battery to make it work again.

Many users registered this issue on forums all around the world... Please, don´t say it´s a feature to protect the laptop....

Thanks for your help!

5 Posts

January 16th, 2013 07:00

Sadly this is still the case, thus severly limiting the laptop gaming capability. I would love to see a fix for this soon, or atleast know dell is aware of it and working on it.

1 Message

January 16th, 2013 11:00

Hi,

I have the same problem, updated BIOS from A11 to A12 hopping to fix this issue, so nothing changed in this last A12 BIOS.

Maybe someone from Dell support team can be so kind and explain to us what is happening with this GPU boost issue?

And let us know what changes are implemented in this A12 BIOS? How the system reliability is improved?

Any help from Dell support team will be much appreciated,

Thanks

6 Posts

January 17th, 2013 00:00

Yup, same issue with my 7720. I hope DELL will not claim (again) that this is an intended "safety" feature. It is a bug that needs to be fixed!

1 Message

January 17th, 2013 00:00

I confirm I have the same issue and urge Dell to fix it as soon as possible.

7 Posts

January 17th, 2013 04:00

Hi. I have the same issue with my 7720 it is really annoying. The temps are in low 70 C when gaming so the temps are clearly not an issue. But when playing bf3 you can clearly see when the thottling starts. So please DELL fix this annoying BUG as quickly as possible.

Thanks

20 Posts

January 17th, 2013 09:00

live reality ... Dell spat on our problems ... we gave him the money and it's nothing more interesting ... this issue has been known for 9 months and if it is not corrected for these 9 months, then no one is going to do. your complaint .. no representatives Dell even does not match .... think good or worth the deal with Dell

74 Posts

January 17th, 2013 10:00

I hope i live in reality, i don´t believe Dell would sabotage such a great product by lousy support...  I still hope we get at least some proper progress answer soon... This topic is linked on lot of forums and many people will decide their next buy based on the company support...  I have trust in Dell, otherwise i would be hugely disappointed....

20 Posts

January 17th, 2013 11:00

dear palad1n, do you not able to understand that this problem is already 9 months and do not you know that was more than enough time to fix this problem?

(edited)

74 Posts

January 18th, 2013 10:00

I have noticed one post here has been removed probably by dell, so dell staff have seen this post already and haven´t been able to give us the proper answer yet? It isn´t helping!!!  Is it really necessary to be rude to get things done?

20 Posts

January 18th, 2013 13:00

dear palad1n if you want to positively address these issues, serve on Dell to court ... I do not know from which country you are, but if you're from the U.S. or the EU for you it will be easier to make

20 Posts

January 18th, 2013 14:00

back to reality :) Dell delaying time to be able to say that "the product is no longer manufactured and is not supported"

74 Posts

January 18th, 2013 14:00

I don´t think the court would fix the issue...but  "ignoring customer complains" here in public would really harm Dell sales.

Also, local forum support -  DELL-Sujatha K - promised me via private message he will look at this issue and let us know during next days.

I still believe DELL is aware of the fact  that satisfied customers and good support are actually helping to sell their products and give them very good reputation making lot of people to buy their products over and over again. I hope this will be the case of positive feedback.

(edited)

2 Posts

January 18th, 2013 16:00

OK, i try again after my 1st post was deleted here.

People here "

are not very satisfied with the GPU-Boost situation.

74 Posts

January 18th, 2013 17:00

I have found another german forums and posts, where lot of users are very frustated not only by this bug, but especially thanks to no offical response and fix from DELL support...

www.dell-forum.de/.../page4

www.hardwareluxx.de/.../dell-inspiron-17r-se-902483-40.html

I really hope this will move somewhere.... people starts losing hope and getting mad instead.

40 Posts

January 21st, 2013 05:00

Nobody ever thought that Dell probably does not yet have a solution? It is very possible.

No Events found!