Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 28th, 2011 04:00

Dell Inspiron 9300 Network Controller, Windows XP SP3

Can anyone help me please?

I am trying to install a wireless connection to my 9300, without success.

I have installed the Broadcom Driver and all my networks work fine, except I cannot establish a wireless connection and I don't have a wireless icon on my network connections pull down.

I have reinstalled the factory provided version of windows XP SP2, and drivers, but have had no success. I have also updated to XP SP3, with no success

Under Admin tools, computer management, the only problem is that the network controller is not recognised. On analysis, it states that the driver is not installed, the driver provider is unknown and the Device Instance ID is

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27228086&REV_05\4&2FA23535&0&18F0

With this information, how can I determine which driver I need to download and install? I have seen that one can unscrew panel on the bottom of the computer, to check the boards, but it is something I don't really want to do.

Many thanks in hope and anticipation

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

You have to install CHIPSET Drivers first.  Vendor 8086 is INTEL

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220 is for Intel PRO/Wireless LAN.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

It's the Intel Pro Wireless 2200 card.  However, before you install its driver, you MUST install the Dell notebook system software (under system utilities) and chipset software (under Chipset) -- all at support.dell.com

2 Posts

September 28th, 2011 14:00

Very many thanks for the information and advise. OK, it has taken some time to download and install 3 drivers to get a result. But it took me nearly a week to get nowhere. Within 12 hours of the post, the problem is resolved. :emotion-1: It is a shame that I cannot download driver in Firefox, but I am sure that will change in the future.

This is why I am staying with DEC Dell

No Events found!