Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: Dell Inspiron Audio

Jump to solution

A couple of points.  Downloading the driver you want ahead of tine allows you do uninstall the previous one offline.  If you remove the previous driver, it removes the .inf file used on the current driver.  If you are showing hdaudio.inf, that is the Windows version.  If you are showing some oemxx.inf it is probably one of the Realtek's.

Secondly, uninstalling the driver does not uninstall Waves MaxxAudio.  But you could use Task Manger to disable it on the Startup Tab.  Or you could end or stop the processes in Task Manager Processes and Services tabs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
bhavik92
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. Just went to the guy again and he found out that the speaker cable was loosely attached. Now both work.

Only problem that remains is that speaker and earphone dont switch automatically. I have to disable one to direct sound to other and vice versa. But this is an issue from before the repairs. This is a driver issue as IDT Inspiron drivers are officially not supported for Windows 10 (courtesy: dell).

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

This is a driver issue as IDT Inspiron drivers are officially not supported for Windows 10

Hi Bhavik. I'm going to send you a private message with a instructions for installing the Win7 IDT driver. I don't want to do it here because it is off-topic for this thread.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos