shuttledik
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Factory Restore

Jump to solution

Turns out mine DID have the partition.  But in order to properly execute the Ctrl+F11, I had to wait until AFTER the Dell Inspiron logo & blue bar filled up [the screen with the F2 & F12 options], and then hit it IMMEDIATELY after, when the BRIGHT BLUE bar was at the top of the screen with www.dell.com in courier font beneath it.

But it worked and I rebuilt it last night.  Running smooth a silk & no BSOD when running Skype! woo hoo!

0 Kudos
Waheeddba
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Good Morning .

Guys i am new to computer and after read your thoughts i found that i have done something very terrible , accidently i format my whole harddisk ,before i dont know my pc have back partition or not but now i am sure its not exist anymore . so can any some upload the restore cd  DELL INSPIRON MINI 10, so i can reinstall it and make my notebook working .... all the tatics written below i have tried but this all will be successful if  i have the backup partiton ,but unfortunately i have lost it , i also try to contact dell but they only delievered the restore disc in U.S and i live in Asia. so please any can help me ....thanks

Regards

Waheed 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Waheeddba
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Good Morning .

Hi I am new to computer and after read your thoughts i found that i have done something very terrible , accidently i format my whole harddisk ,before i dont know my pc have back partition or not but now i am sure its not exist anymore .

So can any some upload the restore cd  DELL INSPIRON MINI 10, so i can reinstall it and make my notebook working .... all the tatics written below i have tried but this all will be successful if  i have the backup partiton ,but unfortunately i have lost it , i also try to contact dell but they only delievered the restore disc in U.S and i live in Asia. so please any 1can help me ....Waheed 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mardae1993
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This worked perfect for me, none of the other answers that I  found worked.....Thank you Cahone!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to restore the mini for hours.........

0 Kudos
Wilso
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Mine definitely has the restore partition (just over 14GB), but none of the responses have worked for me. I've tried 20 different combinations of <Ctrl> and <F11> but can't get the restore page up. Driving me mad.

Dell Inspiron Mini

Windows 7 starter.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

It is not done by CTRL-F11 with Vista or Windows 7 -- only with XP:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/detectos?type=force&lx=361058&lv=325300&l7=362029

0 Kudos
Wilso
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

That doesn't do a restoration to factory settings. That's just plain old system restore. I've already done that, and it didn't fix the problems I wanted fixed. I want to reset it to how it was when I took it out of the box, which I'm supposed to be able to do. My only option at this stage is to copy my discs to flash drives, and do it that way.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

It will restore the system to as shipped with Method 2 in the link above.

0 Kudos
Wilso
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

No, it will not. I just tried method 2. All that does is provide a way to access the same old system restore without first logging on to Windows. I does not provide a way to restore to factory settings.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

If the boot menu doesn't load, then you're going to need a Windows DVD.  You can use it to boot and (assuming your restore partition is intact) use that.

http://smsoftdev-solutions.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-restore-dell-factory-image-when.html

0 Kudos