macsac55
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Factory Restore

Jump to solution

F8 is the key... Instruction manual says to hit <F8> several times to access the advanced options window.

Keep hitting F8 till the Dell logo screen goes off... u should then see the menu to do complete system restore

or back to factory settings.

0 Kudos
261mjr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

woo hoo on this end also.  thanks so much for the exact step to get this to work 

0 Kudos
261mjr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did it by restart, as soon as blue bar across top with writing below it - immediately ctr-f11- worked for me

anitareid
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a dell mini 10. The mini is showing a reminder helper of an unknown error. I was going to restore it and found the keyboard was up to F10 on it, Where do I find the F11 key at????

Thanks,

AnitaReid

0 Kudos
macsac55
1 Copper

Jump to solution

F8 is the key... Instruction manual says to hit <F8> several times to access the advanced options window.

Keep hitting F8 till the Dell logo screen goes off... u should then see the menu to do complete system restore

or back to factory settings.

Hope this helps... I actually gave mine away so I can't look at the keyboard.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Jump to solution

F11 is not on the kbd you have to attach a usb keyboard and then turn it on.  same for f8 on my dell.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Jump to solution

F11 is not on the kbd you have to attach a usb keyboard and then turn it on.  same for f8 on my dell.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Scorpwanna
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

FOR the love of GOD, someone please disable this thread already! The situation was resolved like 2 years ago... I've even selected not to get feeds from this anymore and yet they keep coming to my email. SOMEONE Save me!

0 Kudos
261mjr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

so sorry, but just got this infected machine, trying to help a relative and this thread helped. sorry I inconvenienced you.  This thread helped me help someone who is less fortunate.

0 Kudos
Scorpwanna
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It's nice that it helped someone, originally when I started this thread and asked for help with the laptop the situation was resolved by me returning the laptop and getting something else. It just seems when I get the reply emails from this thread they seem to be directed toward my original problem I had. If it's still useful use this but someone tell me how to stop receiving emails from it!

0 Kudos