Highlighted
GhostSilver
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron N4010 Intel(R) HD Graphics unable to update drivers

My laptop is 2 years old, going on 3 in September since date of purchase. Recently, it has been CTD whenever I load a game and using a Crash Log Analyzer, the most likely reasoning was due to "Insufficient Graphics Capability" and I was instructed to "update drivers or check for instability". I ran checks and my card is working just fine. I went to the Dell website and there was a driver update from 2010. I installed it but still, nothing changed. So I went to Intel to see if I could get the most recent drivers there and got this:

Graphics Driver Version: not detected 
Driver Status: Customized computer manufacturer driver is installed 

Using the Intel Driver Update Utility, I got this: 

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics
Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.2104
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

I don't have warranty on my product anymore. So... I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and has come across any solutions. Has anyone installed the generic driver and experienced issues? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Inspiron35
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron N4010 Intel(R) HD Graphics unable to update drivers

I am having the exact same issue.  I tried Intel's website also, same message you got.....  I thought the Dell software on my machine would be able to diagnostic the situtation, but no.

I need to get service pack 1 from the auto update website from Microsoft in order to get IE10, but in order to do that, it tells me I have a driver from Intel (8.15.10.2104) that needs to be updated..... I baught my 14R in 2010, so no free tech support.

0 Kudos
DELL-Allan D
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Inspiron N4010 Intel(R) HD Graphics unable to update drivers

Hello Inspiron35,

There are few steps I would suggest which might help us in fixing the issue:

1. Uninstall the Intel HD Graphics from Device Manager. Right click the Intel HD Graphics and click Uninstall. Please ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”. 
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Open Windows Updates and in the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. If there is any update for the Intel HD Graphics, please install it.  
  4. Restart the computer and check if the issue persists. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos
Inspiron35
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron N4010 Intel(R) HD Graphics unable to update drivers

This worked!  Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
DELL-Allan D
4 Ruthenium

Hello Inspiron35,

Glad to be of help! Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos

is this really worked...after installation any problem?