Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2013 05:00

Dell Inspiron N4050 power problem

hello friends,

I have dell inspiron N4050. It is not turning on the way it used to be. I have to keep the power button pressed for longer than usual, then it turns one display the dell logo (initial screen) and turns off. The power light keeps blinking but there are no beeps.

I have tried removing all peripherals, tried the power flea option (Holding power button for 20 seconds) as well but no luck.

I do not have any warranty available. Plz help me if you have any solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

1.3K Posts

August 16th, 2013 06:00

Hi Sheharyar Rana,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Ensure it is plugged into AC power. Remove the battery. See if the system powers on. If it does, run the diagnostics on the computer. 

If removing the battery does not help then, with the power off and the system unplugged, remove all CRUs (Customer Replaceable Units) from the system and reconnect the AC adapter to the system. Click on the link below to access the manual for your Dell N4050. Read the steps in the "Before You Begin" section prior to removing any hardware components from the computer. Dis-assemble the system chassis only if you are comfortable doing so.

http://dell.to/15kc7t4

Click on this link for information and troubleshooting steps on Notebook will not complete POST: http://dell.to/10NjwN5

Please keep us posted on the results.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

Hi Sheharyar Rana,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried removing the memory and optical drive from the system and then powering on the system? If you already have removed these components and are still facing the issue, then the problem may be with the system board.

If based in the United States, you may contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below since the system is out of warranty. 

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

ya, I'v tried removing drives and memories as well. Actually I need it to be fixed quick .With  the company it can take many days.

Much obliged and thanks or your time and prompt help.

Thanks Babita for your quick reply,

I,v tried just battery, just AC power and both as well, bot nothing's working. Have already tried dis-assembling as well but no luck. Trying to go to diagnostics screen through pressing Fn+Power but befor it completes the POST, it turns off. It stays on just for few seconds like 2 or 3 seconds only. M not being able to access setup or diagnosis or any other setting.

1.3K Posts

August 20th, 2013 04:00

Hi Sheharyar Rana,

We hope you have been able to resolve the issue with the computer.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

Dell Community Forum will be performing site maintenance between August 21st and August 23rd, 2013.  You may also reach us on Facebook and Twitter for Support.

August 20th, 2013 13:00

well, it stays almost the same, and not even blinking the power light now, starts for few minutes now and shuts down automatically

1.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Sheharyar Rana,

This is indicative of hardware failure, possibly the motherboard as mentioned earlier. Since the system is out of warranty, you may contact a local technician for assistance with replacing the faulty parts or if based in the United States, you can contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

August 23rd, 2013 05:00

thnx, planing to do the same, bt just stuck in some urgent work, will do it when gets free.....

thnx for all your efforts and help.

1.3K Posts

August 24th, 2013 07:00

Hi Sheharyar Rana,

Please feel free to contact us in case you have other queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

3 Posts

February 18th, 2015 16:00

my nae is md.oli 

my laptop is dell inspiron n4050 

my laptop suddenly switch of from running after i can't switch on and nothing any signal or light   

No Events found!