Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2014 10:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 BIOS Update Problem

Typing from phone so sorry for typing errors.

My laptop battery recently wasnt able to be recognized by my laptop and I read that updating  BIOS would help solve it.

I first tried running the N5010A15.EXE file from the windows environment and it gave me an error saying my battery must have 10 percent charge to complete a BIOS flash.  Well considering it doesnt even recognize my PC this is not helpful to me. 

So I create a bootable USB flash drive with the .EXE on it instead. Upon startup, I enter the boot option BIOS screen and select USB, then run the command: "N5010A15.EXE /FORCEIT"

It then says "flash  BIOS?" And I hit "Y" to begin

Here is where the trouble gets worse.  Upon the BIOS running and flashing the old version my CPU fan kicks into overdrive, the loudest it has ever gotten since I have had my laptop. The BIOS update completes, but my fan doesnt slow down, and once restarted, the windows boot screen loads, but the fan never slows down from the speed it was at from the BIOS update. When I try to log on to Windows, it loads, but forcibly shuts off on its own. My only thought as to why it force shuts down is that the fan is completely haywire because of that update. The BIOS wasnt the problem since I could still load Windows 7 properly, but not I only have around 1 minute of computing time until my laptop shuts itself off immediately because of that fan. Is there a way to slow down the fans speed to normal again within that minute of time.so that I can redo the options for the BIOS information?

No Responses!
No Events found!