Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2014 23:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 display issue (8 beeps)

I ran PC doctor (using 'dell detect') hard ware related tests. All tests were OK and no issues noted.

After that I ran windows performance diagnostics test  last night. The message displayed "Windows cannot complete the test" after running for few minutes. I had started the test again which led to total screen going black.

I tried 2 times to reboot after that but I got 8 beeps each time.

Suggest me a solution to above issue.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 23rd, 2014 07:00

Hi thryee,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the LCD works.

8 beeps on the Dell laptop means there is an issue with the LCD display. Sometimes it may be a problem with the slot on the motherboard where the LCD display cable gets connected which could lead to motherboard faulty.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

332 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 07:00

Hi Thryee,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the LCD works.

8 beeps on the Dell laptop means there is an issue with the LCD display you may have to replace it.

In addition, I would suggest you to connect an external monitor to check if there is a display on the external monitor.

let us know your findings.

3 Posts

September 24th, 2014 10:00

Thanks.

I had tried the above steps but no success.
1. I had tried the uninstall and re install of 2 RAM in same slots.(but not replaced with the new one). Again 8 beeps came.
2. Then i had connected HDMI cable from laptop to my television set, powered the laptop. No beeps came this time but TV and laptop monitor both remain black only...no success.
Kindly suggest any other solution ..
Thanks.

332 Posts

September 24th, 2014 11:00

Hi Thryee,

8 beeps on the Dell laptop means there is an issue with the LCD display you may have to replace it.Sometimes it may be a problem with the slot on the motherboard where the LCD display cable gets connected which could lead to motherboard faulty.

It is very rare that both the LCD and the motherboard have gone faulty.

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase to check for options available.

To send a private message, click on my name and select send a private message.

3 Posts

September 29th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

Till this issue is not solved.

I do not believe, chip reflow can solve it so mother board replacement is imminent.

How much a new mother board costs?

Thanks.

285 Posts

September 29th, 2014 03:00

I thing, Your problem is in LCD failure.  contact your nearest Hardware technician for reassemble the LCD parts and lid injection. To solve this issues.

No Events found!