BigAl62
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron N5050 slow to start and runs slow

A little while ago I put a new 1TB hard drive in my Dell Inspiron N5050 to replace the old 500GB one. I used the Windows backup program on the computer and the information on the Windows website. I transferred the system image to a backup hard drive, then installed it onto the new hard drive. I've tried a disc cleanup, defragmenting the hard drive, and I've run all the diagnostics that Windows has and still this thing is SLOW!

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, my computer has an Intel Core I3 processor. I still have the old hard drive with everything still on it and I still have the system image on the backup hard drive. Please if anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it, this thing is driving me nuts (My OLD Inspiron 1420 with a Core2 Duo processor runs circles around my N5050!)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron N5050 slow to start and runs slow

BIGAL62,

When replacing a hard drive in the system it is best to put a fresh Windows install on the drive as opposed to putting the existing image from a previous hard drive. You also may want to update the computers firmware if this has not been done. 

Inspiron N5050 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

0 Kudos
BigAl62
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Inspiron N5050 slow to start and runs slow

OK, that's what I was thinking (the fresh install), but I hoped there was another way around it. Thank you and I will update the firmware. 

0 Kudos