Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 03-24-2013 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron N5110 I3 2310m sandy bridge with no switchable lid

Last week I purchased a dell laptop with this specification:

Dell Inspiron N5110 i3-2310M 4GB 500GB nVIDIA GT 525M 1GB FreeDOS Black

DELL Notebook Inspiron N5110 15.6” WXGA HD (1366 x 768) LED, Intel Core i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB cache, Dual Core), 4096MB (1x4096) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel, 500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM), 8X DVD+/-RW, Video 1 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M, Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth v3.0+HS Card, Web Cam, 6-cell battery, Free DOS., US Int. Keyb, Diamond Black Cover with matching palm rest, 3 Yr CIS

The problem is I'm little confused because my laptop doesn't have the back button that permits switching my lid.

How is that possible, I was scamed and having other model of dell?

Are there models like mine with no switchabale lids?

My service tag for laptop is < ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy >

Please can you verify my dell modell that it's OK?For me it's very strange because the seller told me it is the new model of dell with  I3 2310m sandy bridge and I know that model comes with switchable lid.

Thank you!

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hello DreamLander,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

Inspiron N5110 / 15R are offered with Switchable LCD back cover and Standard back cover. You would need to place an order for the switchable LCD back cover at the point of sale (If you buy the system from a retailer please request for the system with switchable option available). 

If you have purchased the system with a regular LCD back cover, you will not be able to upgrade to switchable LCD back cover later.

I regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

-Niranjan

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (19)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No help!?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm facing the same issue.
after going thorugh so many reviews i took it granded that the DELL N5110 has the Switchable lid as standard and i brought it. i wld have broken the entire screen tryin to open it.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

What is the real truth then?

Are there on the market 2 kind of models with and without the lid?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'M ASSUMING THAT THERE ARE TWO
DELL  15R N5510 has the option with the button on the back
15R* isnt mention meaning no option, i dont have the lid switch. regretiing the buy

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Yes, also I regreting buy this model :( .

Hello DreamLander,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

Inspiron N5110 / 15R are offered with Switchable LCD back cover and Standard back cover. You would need to place an order for the switchable LCD back cover at the point of sale (If you buy the system from a retailer please request for the system with switchable option available). 

If you have purchased the system with a regular LCD back cover, you will not be able to upgrade to switchable LCD back cover later.

I regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

-Niranjan

Community Accepted Solution
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

It's confusing,it was a good ideea to rename the product with the switchable lid in order to differentiate them.

I thought all the new models Inspiron N5110 / 15R have this feature.

Thank you for the feedback.

If you order it online you have the option to get the system with switchable lid. However when you buy it at a retail store you will need to confirm if the system has the switchable option or not at the point of sale.

-Niranjan

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Here is the real truth (as far as i know)

Switchable lid option is only available in i7 models of N5110, thats what i have. This was told by the shopkeeper i buy my laptop. Hope it helps you!

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions