Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2012 18:00

Dell Inspiron N5110 WEBCAM

Just recently my dell webcam is not a recognised device by my system....my laptop is only 1 yr old. Can't find any drivers for my integrated webcam. Also my Dell webcam central needs to be re-installed SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!!!! 

2.6K Posts

December 6th, 2012 18:00

Hi Aznaldo,

There are few steps I would suggest which would help us in fixing the issue. 

-- Run the Dell PC Diagnostics for Webcam
-- Update the Bios to the latest version.  

**NOTE: Few things to ensure before updating the Bios is, the Ac Adapter should be plugged in and the battery should have minimum of 15% charge. No other external peripherals should be connected to the computer. Please ensure that the Bios update should not be interrupted else it would damage the motherboard. 

-- Please follow the article to Uninstall and Re-install the Webcam Central Software.
-- You may also refer the article on Troubleshooting Webcam Issues for more details. 

Please try the steps and write back with results, would be glad to assist further. 

2.6K Posts

December 12th, 2012 20:00

Hi,

Please write back to us, would be awaiting your response!

4 Posts

December 12th, 2012 20:00

i will redo the bios and see what happens...already reinstalled the webcam central and that doesnt work either... :/  but thank you for your reply... will get bk to you ASAP

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2012 21:00

Aznaldo,

Just a hunch. Try creating a new unrestricted user account, then try the webcam and see if it works. If it works, then log out and try your account. Does the webcam work.

If not, please post back and Dell-Allan D will be able to asssist you.

Rick

4 Posts

December 25th, 2012 23:00

updated the bios and still nun

4 Posts

December 25th, 2012 23:00

A diagnostic category was specified and the applicable device does not exist. that's what happened when i ran the diagnostics...and the other try with the other account does not work either...if i can only get bk this imaging devices. :/ will try the bios now.

13 Posts

December 28th, 2012 11:00

same issue with my 14R .. does not work

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2012 12:00

Rubal,

Then it's not attached to the motherboard end

Rick

13 Posts

Hi Rick,

I really appreciate your time helping me out with this issue. Is there any way a hardware can be detected by the computer even if its not working?

I called up the customer service and since my laptop is out of warranty they will charge $129 to fix it.

Regards,

Rubal

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Rubal,

Try tilting the screen in a different position? If you're under warranty, I would contact Dell Tech Support. I'm lost of things to try.

Rick

13 Posts

I checked the connector on the camera pcb . OPened it and reconnected. Taped it back the way it was. But no luck.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Rubal,

If it came of at the other end, that could be a problem

Did we try Test Webcam? Allow the adobe flash player to test it.

Rick

13 Posts

Hi Rick,

I run the test and the message appears " Cannot find camera "

13 Posts

December 28th, 2012 13:00

Done that too :)

Yes I am looking for one online right now. But thanks again for the help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2012 13:00

Rubal.

Unplug the computer from the wall.

Remove the battery.

Press and hold the powe button for 30 seconds. This nreplease the flease power and tells the computer to check for changes.

An external webcam is cheaper.

Rick

No Events found!