Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2017 15:00

Dell Inspiron N5110 is overheating

Hello, So I have got a Dell inspiron N5110 with an i7 intel core in 2013, and I don't remember opening it, falling from me or even giving it to a child. Yesterday I noticed that it is overheating through a tempreature reader software, I just did this test because I noticed it heated only after ten minutes from opening it; anyways, I noticed that it reaches 81 degrees celcius in just 10 minutes from opening it and this was very dangerous, so I tried to fix it by doing the following:-

1- Decreasing the "Maximum proccesor state".
2- Shutting down the laptop and removing SD cards, USBs, the battery and the charger and pressing the power button for 20 seconds.
3- I scanned for malwares using "Malware bytes 12" and viruses using "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9" and the laptop was absolutely maleware and virus FREE.
4- I ran the CPU diagnostics and I didn't have any errors.
5- I tried buying a new charger.
6- I tried using the laptop without the battery.

And after all of these attempts, nothing happens, so I want anybody to try and help me out.

Thank You,

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 9th, 2017 08:00

Please check out the Dell video below, hopefully it will be of help to you. Good darn video I would add !

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

If windows 7 is on the system:

I'd suggest you run the Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page. The tool will automatically detect driver updates for your system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in the link below.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

If windows 10 is on the system:

Installing drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

And....

Dell portable system heat issue or the system is ...

EDIT:

Dell does not recommend placing portable systems directly on your lap. Due to reductions in the thickness of modern portable systems, heat transfer can be an issue.

Using a portable system (Laptop) on a hard, flat, non-cloth surface will increase airflow and reduce heat from underneath and inside the system.

Using the portable system on blanket, pillow, or other type of cloth will cover up the fan cause the computer to overheat and can cause permanent damage.

No Events found!