bhavya11
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron i5555 Wireless Internet extremely slow

Hi,

I purchased a brand new Dell Inspiron i5555 laptop before 2 months. WiFi internet is extremely slow on this laptop. I have tested loading the same website on two different devices, one on this new laptop and one on my cellphone. Internet is extremely slow on this laptop.

Please guide me on what could be the issue and next steps for resolution.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell Inspiron i5555 Wireless Internet extremely slow

Hi BHAVYA11,

What is the current OS installed on the system? Did the wireless work fine earlier? Did this issue occur after any updates recently? Does the ethernet work fine?

What is the exact wireless card model installed on the system? If you are not sure, then send me a screenshot of the device manager with network adapters expanded.

Connect to another wireless network and check if the wireless works fine on that network. Also, create a hotspot on your Android phone and connect to that and check if the wireless works fine.

Based on the exact wireless card model, I could provide you more info with links to reinstall the driver and change some network settings if necessary.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos