Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2016 07:00

Dell Inspiron mini 10 can not connect to internet

Hi, i have two questions.

first: i did not find the bletooth device in this laptop, but i read on the internet, that it should be available in this model.

second and more important issue is, that the laptot is not able to connect to any network via Wi-Fi nor via cable.

It was ok in the past, but now it seems to find the wireless SSID fine and connect to it with the encryption key but it has trouble acquiring an IP address.

I am trying all wi-fi networks available in my neighbourhood and hotspot which i made from my phone and nothing works. Also as i mentioned, the connection it is not working via cable.

I have used this laptot in past also in foreign countries, for example in Vietnam or Cannada and everything worked fine.

Operation system is genuine seller - installed. Win xp service pack 3 home edition.

All other devices, like mobile phone, other laptops are able to connect to my wi-fi. So i don't think there is a problem with my Wi-fi network.

Thanks a lot for your help.

500 Posts

June 6th, 2016 11:00

You should check your device manager to see what bluetooth you may have installed, and if there are any devices that may need driver updates or are unrecognized by the system. 

As for the IP issue. There are many things that can contribute to this. If you have run adware removal recently, some programs can actually remove or reconfigure components essential for network operation. winsockfix is a common tool used to fix this. Ive gone through it myself (while working on a family member's computer who was experiencing similar issues). 

You may also try uninstalling and then reinstalling your network card in the device manager. Some people suggest checking your password or removing saved passwords, but seeing as you have already tested multiple networks, the issue is not that. 

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/winsock_xp_fix.html

No Events found!