Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 13th, 2012 05:00

Dell Inspiron n5010 turning off after 20 seconds

Dear all 

i have laptop Dell Inspiron N5010 which is out of warrenty now i am having problem with it that its turn off after 20 seconds after pressing power  button.

i try lot of solution from the blogs but nothing happen i opened the hardware upto processor and change the silicon compound but nothing happend can any one tell what hardware will be causing that problem.

regards

Sajid Ali

October 13th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Have you noticed the issue when you shut down from the Shut Down option in the Operating System i.e. by clicking on Start and then hit Shut Down?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to check the registry and change the value of WaitToKillServiceTimeOut:

• Click on Start and type in regedit and hit Enter
• Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl
• Right-click on WaitToKillServiceTimeOut and change and lower the value
• The default is 12000 (12 seconds) but you can lower this to any number
• Click ok and restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

October 13th, 2012 06:00

Dear  Priyanka_S

how can i check the registry. System  is not turning on its goes off after 20 seconds when i press the power button

October 13th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for elaborating the issue. Please try the steps below:

1.Take the battery out and turn the system on by connecting only the AC adapter.
2. If it stays on, the BIOS needs to be updated to the latest one.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

October 13th, 2012 23:00

i try on AC adapter but its still same even if i stay in CMOS  setup for 20 seconds it goes off i checked the Ram, HDD every thing even change the silicon compound of processor butr problem is same

1 Message

October 14th, 2012 10:00

I am also facing the same issue,Please help...

16 Posts

October 15th, 2012 23:00

any update about this topic

October 17th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please confirm if you checked with 1 RAM module if you have 2 in the system. Also, I would suggest you to remove the hard drive and boot the system. Check if the issue persists.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

November 17th, 2012 05:00

now i have one more laptop having same problem               even goes off in cmos setup i dont understand

16 Posts

November 17th, 2012 05:00

i check all possibilities changing ram changing harddrive etc etc but nothing is working

No Events found!