Re: Dell Inspiron n5110 AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver update

Jump to solution

Hi GracekPL,

The drivers on the support.dell.com are tested by Dell product group team and are recommended for Dell systems. The drivers available on AMD website are released by AMD only and are not tested on Dell systems. Dell recommends installing drivers for Dell systems only from support.dell.com, however in case you like to install drivers from AMD website, you can do that as well.  Once the motherboard of your computer is replaced, you can update drivers for your video card.

Please reply in case you have further questions.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

0 Kudos
rctgamer3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

All of the other answers are either incomplete, wrong, standard answers and/or just complete junk.

I have the same video card (ASUS X54H notebook with an ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6470M), and i also find it difficult to find driver updates for this specific video/graphics card.

However, after searching for the device id and following some suspicious driver scanner url on Google (*) i managed to find a new driver/driver update for the 6470M on ASUS' ftp. 

(*): www.driveridentifier.com/.../download.php (The actual download url is embedded in the url just before it prompts you to register/buy the DriverIdentifier junkware.)

dlcdnet.asus.com/.../VGA_ATI_Win7_64_Z893000000.zip

The driver is version 8.930.0.0, a lot newer than your current driver version (8.840) and is dated the 5th of December 2011.

It probably doesn't matter that you have a Dell, because the manufacturer doesn't matter, the contents of the driver/video card driver are almost, if not completely the same.

Let me know if the driver worked 

rctgamer3

0 Kudos
GracekPL
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for trying to resolve my problem, but driver is not working.

If i try install this driver it's saying 8.840 is actual version and i can't select 8.930.

If i try uninstall my old driver and try to instal 8.930 it is not working (low resolutnion, no Windows Aero etc.) 

Do you have other drivers for 6470M?

Thanks again for answer Smiley Happy

Greetings

0 Kudos
rctgamer3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I found a 6470M driver hidden on the Dell website, please try this one:

downloads.dell.com/.../Video_ATI_W7_A03_Setup-KK4KW_ZPE.exe

(found at search.dell.com/searchcom_redirect.aspx )

GracekPL
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for this driver. It works well Smiley Very Happy

Now it's from 2011.December.05. And I see difference in perfromance.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
samin7
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I too have a dell inspiron n5110 with service tag no.:<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. This laptop doesnot support nvidia graphics driver so i tried intel hd graphics it got installed and is working. But when i installed ATI mobiliti radeon graphics driver it gets installed but gives no response(doesnot work). Either my laptop has a dedicated graphics of ATI or not want to be confirmed and if it has want to know how to make it work. PLEASE HELP ME out >......

Looking forward.

0 Kudos
rctgamer3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The Dell Inspiron n5110 has a AMD (ATI) Radeon 6470M video card. nVidia and Intel video card drivers are useless. Please uninstall the other video card drivers and install the driver i linked to a couple of posts back.

0 Kudos