Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2012 14:00

Dell Inspiron not detecting wireless networks

I am having problems with my laptop with windows vista, can someone please help me out?  A couple days ago I had comcast install high speed internet with my modem and router, and my computer detected the network (along with other networks) and connected just fine.  The next day I accidently left my computer unplugged and the battery ran out. Since then the computer will not detect any wireless networks.  If I physically plug it in with ethernet it works fine, and I have other devices that connect to my wireless network.  I have tried disabling and enabling the wireless adapter under networks and sharing, but this did not work.  I have also tried to download the wireless driver again, but I'm not sure if I am doing it right (do I need to delete the previous driver? and how?).  I have also tried reseting the modem, router, and computer.  Any ideas? Please help.

June 19th, 2012 15:00

Hi, 

My name is Savinder and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
In addition to the resolution provided by Madhur Bung, you can also try enabling wireless network by pressing Fn+F2.
if it doesn't resolve the issue then try to run a Microsoft fix it.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9708108

Hope that would resolve your issue

Thanks,

Dell - Savinder S

2.6K Posts

Hi wiggywam

Welcome to the Dell Community.

First of all I would like to appreciate the fact that you have tried most of the steps to isolate the problem and resolve it. However I would be glad to help you out with this issue and help you to resolve it.
Couple of steps I would suggest..:
Delete the current Drivers and Install the Latest one.
-- Go to Device Manager and locate the network drivers,
-- Uninstall the network drivers, when you get the popup to uninstall it , put the check mark beside delete this driver.
-- Restart the computer.
Once the computer is restarted,
-- Go to www.support.dell.com
-- Put in your Service Tag and choose the Operating System.
-- Download and Install the latest drivers for the network adaptors for your computer.
That should take care of the issue. If you need any other assistance please feel free to post back would be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

565 Posts

Hi wiggywam,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand your concern with regards to the wireless issue that you have do not work we would be able to help you in resolving the issue that you have.

I also appreciate the steps that you have done as you wanted to know if you want to remove driver you would need to remove it from programs and features and completely uninstall it from there and after that please restart the computer.

After restarting the computer please install the latest drivers from support.dell.com and you would need to enter the service tag so that you can get the correct drivers for your computer.

support.dell.com/.../index.aspx

Go ahead and download that drivers using Ethernet connection and install it on the computer.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2012 02:00

wiggywam,

Plug the adapter in the computer and charge the battery.

Shutdown the computer.

• Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Start the computer and try to connect. What happens?

Can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here?

Rick

2 Posts

June 20th, 2012 09:00

This was it, hitting F2 was all I needed to do.  It was so simple I just overlooked it.  Thanks!

2 Posts

October 16th, 2013 14:00

Along the same lines....

Comman Prompt results...     Service_Name: wzcsvc

Type     :20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS

STATE: STOPPED

HOW DO I MAKE IT SAY RUNNING?

May 28th, 2014 01:00

not working with my version xp3 inspiron 1525

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 28th, 2014 10:00

kryptonsamsung,

Did you install/reinstall the operating system? Did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

1 Message

November 23rd, 2015 18:00

My husband has Dell Inspiron 11"

It was working fine with the same router till one week ago and suddenly it is not catching the WiFi. All other devices and Dell Inspiron laptop, desktop, HP laptop and smart phones are working fine without any problem. I am writing this to you from my laptop, as he can not even write to you without the net.

However, the WiFi sign  .)))) on the toolbar shows full strength and also the status shows 'Connected' but none of the search engines are working. Skype, Google, Facebook nothing is working. We have tried all the ways given on your page except downloading drivers.

You have asked to instal some drivers, but how to do that without internet?

The laptop is also set for the previous dates, it worked for some time and again the problem persisted. Neighbouring routers have no interference as the other devices are working fine.

Please help.

November 24th, 2015 03:00

Hi 

its very difficult to handle Dell systems if something goes wrong.

For setting up wifi flawlessly u need to have wifi sleep mode deactivate.

set wifi search the network  aggressively..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 24th, 2015 11:00

Apte,

On your husbands system, can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

What virus program and firewall is he using?

Rick

1 Message

January 16th, 2017 07:00

Sir i am having the issue with network adapter as well as with wifi... network adapter and wireless are shown in the device manager but not in control panel in network and sharing... and is also showing an icon of network cable unplugged at task manager but not in control panel either one of the adapters..this happened after an update of win1064bit when system restarted the problem comes in so i performed all the necessary actions like reinstalling drivers from dell by entering service tag and checked the bios setrings for adapters and radio and bluetooth but no luck than i reinstall the windows and tell u what the problem was solved but after using it for a while while i was shutting down my laptop installing updates started when completed to 100it shutdown than i turned it on than it got to 100 percent again verifying and configuring updates the problem came back again please help.me out i am fed up with this dell laptop

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 16th, 2017 11:00

amirkhan_0086,

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

Rick

No Events found!