birolacy
1 Copper

Re: Dell Insprion 7520 high Intel PCH temp and high RPM of CPU fan

Jump to solution

Hello Dathen,

I am very thankful to share your experiences in connecion with this issue!  I try to expect this fact. If i buy a laptop coolerpad i hope that this "problem" will be less embarassing,

birolacy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SergiiR
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello. I've just bought 7520 model with Ubuntu aboard also and seems  have the same problem (irritating fan noise even during idle or minimal usage).

Hardware diagnostics was passed successfully, but I have 4500-4600 RPM whole the time, even just after the power on.

CPU Therm sensor in idle shows 60 C, 76 C was the highest value during PSA tests.

BIOS version is A09

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi SergiiR,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system to A10 version using the link below which should fix the issue.

http://dell.to/1a6i6Hn

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
SergiiR
1 Copper

RE: Dell Insprion 7520 high Intel PCH temp and high RPM of CPU fan

Jump to solution

I decided to don't take a risk updating bios. A had a strange situation next day (the second day from the buying) - the temperature environment was the same, but the fun system behavior changed - became more adequate   - it looks like a car engine break-in - you have to pass some distance to make engine details fitted . Yes, I still have noise fan system sometimes, but now it can turn fans on and off depending on system load. Also I had Ubuntu updated to 12.10 before - not sure, but may be something changed with it also. 

0 Kudos