Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2014 21:00

Dell Laptop Battery

I have a Dell Inspiron 15-3521 and i just got a new charger for it after the last one broke. Yet anytime the charger is plugged in, the battery still decreases! My laptop says "Plugged In, Charging" but the battery life still goes down. I really need help with this problem.

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 02:00

1, Hello, how did your charger broke?

2, Did you get replacement directly from dell or is it non dell acad?

3, Check in BIOS also an option AC adapter type in "Main" tab

4, Also make sure Adapter warnings are enabled in "advanced" tab

5, and also check that batt heath in "advance" tab again

6, please describe better how your battery life goes down becuse if it is still charing you wouldnt notice that is going down beacause it would be imediatly charged again.

7, possibly a BIOS update could solve charging behaviour, latest version is A12 if you have lower version you might need to update it, but do not overjump any version, if you have for example A04 install A05, A06 etc... of course if you wont find A05 for example on page with drivers you can skip it.

Marian

July 2nd, 2014 02:00

Hi luciaquin,

Welcome to community.

There are few steps I would suggest, which would help us in isolating the issue further. Please try the following steps:

• Ensure that the battery has sufficient charge to power on the computer.
  • Please ensure that the battery is charging when you are using the computer with the AC Adapter plugged in. 
  • Check the status of the battery in BIOS Setup. To enter BIOS, restart the computer and keep tapping F2 at the Dell logo screen.
  • Run the PC diagnostics http://dell.to/VbmfVE  to check the functionality of the Battery.

Please try the steps and write back with results.

No Events found!