Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

November 18th, 2008 07:00

Dell Laptop E6500 Dell control point

I had 1.5 hours with Dell last night and not resolved.

When no activity on my laptop my Ethernet device disconnect - as soon as there are ativities the Ethernet device connects.

that is all fine but I do not want my ethernet device to ever disconnect and we could not find where to go to stop it from happening

Help

1 Message

November 21st, 2008 09:00

You probably checked it. (I hope) But isn't this a windows xp feature regarding powermanagement of the lan-adapter.

To check: Go to the properties of the lan-adapter.
Check the last tab 'Power management' and uncheck every option that might be checked.

Probably already did, but your posting sounds focused on the dell Controlpoint software, so maybe you missed this one.

February 5th, 2009 13:00

If you go to Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, select Dell Control Point System Manager, and click change, hit next, click modify, and then in the Tree that pops up, under Power Manager, select the drop down arrow for Internal Network Card Power, and select the option with the red X "This feature will not be available"  hit next, let it uninstall, it will stop turning off the NIC when you are on battery power.  You can try and tell CP to always activate on Battery for the Internal Network Card management, but I have personaly never seen that stick, same issue in Quickset.  Don't know if thats what you are looking for.

1 Message

February 18th, 2009 04:00

Thanks, EZ!  Your post helped me solve a problem in which I couldn't get my sound icon to show up in the status bar.  I disabled the Dell hardware controller and now the Windows controller can operate freely without being conflicted by Dell.

No Events found!