Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2009 07:00

Dell Laptop Problem

So I have purchased many Dell computers and printers over the last two years. I purchased in the last 30 days. One of the ones I purchased was a Dell min9 refurbished. Fron day one, it had issues including a broken web cam. I have spent about six hours on the phone trying to fix everything. I bought a CD drive for it and it didn't work right. Now they say I have to send it back for repair. I offered to just return it and buy a brand new one from the, They said no because I was outside of the 21 day window. I asked for an exception due to all of the problems and wasted time AND they would make a brand new sale. They said no. They would rather lose a customer who has spent big dollars with them then just do an exchange. I think that this is very poor customer service. In all of my management days, we had the power to do an exception for a good customer.

I do not expect any good to come of this email, I just wanted to share and vent a little.

I welcome all comments.

1.6K Posts

March 4th, 2009 08:00

Given the profit margin on a netbook - very low - you wouldn't get an exchange from any vendor.  They'll repair, not replace.  No one else would be any different.

2 Posts

March 4th, 2009 08:00

Again, just looking for a little customer loyalty reward  here. I am willing to pay the difference for a new machine. At least meet me hall way. 

4.6K Posts

March 4th, 2009 09:00

At least meet me hall way. 

You're talking in the first person there, as if these are official Dell support forums, and Husky is a Dell employee?  They're not/he's not.

These are the community forums - i.e. we're nothing more than Dell system/laptop/product owners ourselves.

Anyway:  The product is no longer within the permitted 21 day return period, so Dell are under no obligation to refund you, or replace the product with a new one.

That's not just Dell's policy though.  Any business has that prerogative, and would probably make the same decision.

If you've decided that's enough to prevent you becoming a return customer from now on, that's your decision. 

Just don't expect anything different... whatever kind of product you buy - or wherever/whoever you buy it from, in the future.

No Events found!