Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2016 14:00

Dell Laptop problem

I bought a brand new laptop from Dell.com online with additional warranties to cover all the extra problems less than one year ago, purchased date is 9/18/2015, order # 883670347.  3 months after purchased, I had software problem and called the customer service.  Spent 20-25 hours on the phone, problem could not get fixed and I was asked to ship it to them.  So, I did sent it.  Even Though I was told it takes 5 to 7 business days, took weeks.  Finally, I got it back. Of course, all the software wiped out including office.

A few weeks ago I had hardware problem with the same laptop, called again, still laptop is less than a year old and still have all the additional warranties.  I was asked to ship my computer to them again.   I installed accounting software to run our business.  Explained the person who answered the phone regarding accounting software that I am using, said to him our company is relay on it, without this software I cannot issue payroll, or can not do any other accounting transactions.  I was told it takes only 5 to 7 business days to fix it.  I said many times I have additional warranties please send your technician on side.  I was said I had to ship it to them, no other solutions.  

Unfortunately, I shipped my laptop on Jun 11, 2016 (17 days ago).  Almost every day, I have been talking with technicians on the phone.  I was told the screen is at backorder, therefore we are waiting for the part.  This is not acceptable and I feel so bad and disappointed  to spend that much money for this laptop.  I could not do any accounting transactions and tried to explain to employees.  This is hurting us very bad.

I really want my money back and return this laptop to the Dell after getting all my info/software from it.  I just reported to BBB any other suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 30th, 2016 14:00

What system model do you have?  And exactly what are the problems you're having?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2016 12:00

You will need to work with Dell individually in order to arrange a system replacement.

The fundamental question:  Why on Earth did you buy a consumer-grade notebook with a depot repair warranty for a business-critical system?  The Latitude models are the ones designed for business use and can be ordered with next-business-day onsite service plans.  Yes, they do cost 2-3 times what the Inspiron you purchased did, when so configured -- but running a business on a system that is designed for home use wasn't a wise course of action.

It's unlikely you'll get a refund -- and even if they replace the system, you'll still be stuck with a consumer-grade notebook.  Once they resolve the issue, get rid of the Inspiron and replace it with a Latitude and next-business-day onsite service as you should have done in the first place.

4 Posts

July 1st, 2016 12:00

Inspiron 14, 5000 series - 5458

I bought a new laptop from Dell.com online with additional warranties to cover all the extra problems less than one year ago, purchased date is 9/18/2015, order # 883670347.  3 months after purchase, I had software problem and called the customer service.  Spent 20-25 hours on the phone, problem could not get fixed and I was asked to ship it to them.  So, I did sent it.  Even Though I was told it takes 5 to 7 business days, took weeks.  Changed motherboard - brand new computer changed mother board...Finally, I got it back. Of course, all the software wiped out including office.

A few weeks ago I had hardware problem with the same laptop, called again, still laptop is less than a year old and still have all the additional warranties.  I was asked to ship my computer to them again.   I installed accounting software to run our business.  Explained the person who answered the phone regarding accounting software that I am using, said to him our company is relay on it, without this software I cannot issue payroll, or can not do any other accounting transactions.  I was told it takes only 5 to 7 business days to fix it.  I said many times I have additional warranties please send your technician on side.  I was said I had to ship it to them, no other solutions.  

Unfortunately, I shipped my laptop on Jun 11, 2016 (20 days ago).  Almost every day, I have been talking with technicians on the phone.  I was told the screen is at backorder, therefore we are waiting for the part.  This is not acceptable and I feel so bad and disappointed  to spend that much money for this laptop.  I could not do any accounting transactions and tried to explain to employees.  This is hurting us very bad.  Still I do not have lap top back.  I do not believe this laptop will go a few more months. Therefore,  either I want my money back and return this laptop to the Dell after getting all my info/software from it or exchange with new one.

Thanks,

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 20:00

Thanks for your reply.  

I was told getting extra warranties will eliminates this kind of problems, repairs will be done at side.  I was misguided..  I used Dell in the past and never faced this kind of issues.  

Any way, my problems are getting deeper, you will see what I mean by reading below e mail that I wrote to Dell on the same day of getting  laptop back (22 days later).  I already filed BBB and waiting for solution from Dell for a few days, if not, I will file a complain to Department of Justice.  Any advise will be appreciated.

To Dell:

Dear Friends,

This must be nightmare or some kind of signal from God.  I can not believe what's going on and why me??????
Just got the laptop 5 min ago.  As expected opened the box and just opened the cover of laptop. Please see attached pictures.  Noticed immediately, the hinge at right side is not closed properly and already damaged!!!!!  Even blind man can see while changing it.  I really can not find a single word to tell you.  I know you guys are working, even you did not see the laptop, also trying to do your best.  But, it should not be the way to treat customer.  "I tried to push hinge together to lock it, however it happens/opens again after re-open the cover".
I was told, it can not be refunded but please change it.  I will take all my software and files from it (did not check them yet, hoping they are OK).  Exchange it with another one and let me know where I can return it.
Attached Pictures:
1-Picture 3792: Left Hinge - OK
2-Picture 3793: Right Hinge - Damaged
3-Picture 3794: Left Hinge - OK
4-Picture 3795: Right Hinge - Damaged
5-Picture 3798: Overall shows both sides
6-Picture 3799: right Hinge - Damaged (zoomed)

4 Posts

July 4th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Refund and exchange - refused.  Any suggestions?  I already filed claim to BBB and prepared claim for Department of Justice.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.  Since, I will not give up because of being so disappointed.   I can not believe what Dell is doing.

Thank you so much,

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 4th, 2016 17:00

See under "Arbitration" here:

www.dell.com/.../terms-of-sale-consumer

No Events found!