Raymond2013
1 Copper

Re: Dell Laptop will not finish Dell logon screen

The technician that came out replaced my system board but still had to call the dell tech line to configure the computer, after he got my computer to boot correctly he told me that he thinks the problem actually was in the software. I want to add this note, my problem started after I installed updates that my computer asked for, we are wondering if there was a conflict of interest in the boot sequence and the computer just stops when this happens. When you talk to a tech let them know this, maybe someone can get into the boot sequence and look there first. Hope this helped.
0 Kudos
gracie0728
1 Copper

RE: Dell Laptop will not finish Dell logon screen

I got error code 0142

message error code 2000-0142

hard drive 1 - self test unsuccessful status 79

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

I got error code 0142

message error code 2000-0142

hard drive 1 - self test unsuccessful status 79

Your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced, preferably with a Solid State Drive.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Ecpella
1 Copper

Hello everYone..

My Dell ispiron laptop would start up properly....check it all..took baterry out and ac cord.press botton for 45 sec..Nothing happen..

Done a diagnostic test and DST SHORT TEST RESULTS FAIL

ERROR CODE 2000-0142

Validation 103028

Hard drive s/n TMA55DZNK5BYJR

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP?

8 Xenon

The hard drive has failed.  If your system is under warranty, call Dell with the error and they'll replace the drive under warranty.

If the system is out of warranty, please reply with the exact system model (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5521, etc.) and someone can assist you in choosing a replacement drive.

0 Kudos
Diamondorm
1 Copper

Help me. When I turn it on, it keeps turning under the dell

Logo. What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Hi Diamondorm emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

0 Kudos