Randhir79
1 Nickel

Dell Latitude 7275 Battery Issue

Hey,

Every since I've gotten my laptop, I have been getting these 2 messages from Dell power manager. The first message says "Your System can no longer communicate with your battery" and the second message was "Your Battery is no longer functioning and needs to be replaced." I know there is nothing wrong with my battery but I still keep getting these messages. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks, 

Randy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Latitude 7275 Battery Issue

Call and have the battery replaced under warranty -- if that doesn't solve the problem, the mainboard is the issue (likewise covered by warranty).  If the system is  brand-new, you also have the option of asking for a replacement system rather than a warranty repair during the first 30 days from shipment.

0 Kudos
Randhir79
1 Nickel

But the thing is, I know there is nothing wrong with the battery. Is there anything wrong with the software?

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

What does the system setup (F2 at powerup) show?

0 Kudos
Randhir79
1 Nickel

When I enter the BIOS, I clicked on the Battery Information and it reported that my Battery Health is excellent and it showed the percentage of my battery.

0 Kudos
Jonah_Son
1 Nickel

It is strange since the Bios said that your battery is working well. You could make the battery empty and then try to calibrate it. I usually got this message and the problem is always happen to the battery. I change it last year and until now i did not find any warning message, but your problems seems to be so difference.

0 Kudos