Highlighted
RodolfoNoguera
1 Copper

Dell Latitude D630 shuts down when not connected!

Hi, i bought  a couple of weeks ago a Latitude D630, everything is ok when using it connected, no problems so far. But in the moment that you disconnect the AC Adapter, the problems appears.

When no AC Adapter is plugged in, is shuts down or freezes ramdomly, seconds or minutes later that you disconnect the AC Adapter, or seconds or minutes later after windows boot up!

No matter what OS is in use, i try in Windows 8 and Windows 7, the BIOS is the A19, al drivers instaled properly, is a battery issue?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell Latitude D630 shuts down when not connected!

Hi RodolfoNoguera,

I am sorry for the inconvience, please try with known good battery and check if the issue persists? Also let me know the battery percentage?

Please check if the ac adapter is detected in BIOS follow the steps below.

Shut down the computer and tap F2 during the start up > default BIOS page will be ‘system’> under system > select ‘device info’ > check the ac adapter type is none or 65w.

In case the ac adapter type shows none try with known good adapter and check if the issue persists?

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos