Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

T

4 Posts

January 11th, 2007 17:00

Dell Latitude D810 Monitor Problems with brightness

I have a Dell Latitude D810. When it is plugged in an running on AC power, the screen is perfect in terms of brightness. Whenever I do not have it plugged in and it is running on battery power, the screen goes darker and isn't bright enough to read without squinting. I'm sure there is a setting in there somewhere so a brighter screen doesn't run down the battery or something like that, but I've looked everywhere in the display settings and the power options and I can't find anything to change it.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I use it on battery power a lot, but am tired of squinting to try and read the screen.

2.2K Posts

January 11th, 2007 19:00

There may be default settings in the BIOS setup screen (tap F2 during the initial phase of boot-up to re-direct the boot sequence and allow access to the BIOS setup screens) for brightness on both AC and battery power that you can change, but you may also be able to adjust the brightness from the keyboard.

From Wikipedia, regarding the IBM PC Keyboard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_keyboard

"Fn may be present on compact keyboards such as those built into laptop computers. When depressed in combination with other keys, it either enables the user to access key functions that do not have dedicated keys on the compact keyboard (such as the numeric block), or it controls hardware functions such as switching between the built-in screen and an external display, changing screen brightness, or changing speaker volume. These alternate meanings are usually indicated with text or symbols of a different color printed on the key, with the 'Fn' key text having that same color."

GM

4 Posts

January 22nd, 2007 15:00

Thanks for the help! You were right - there was an option in the Bios settings to adjust the brightness under battery power. Thanks!

2.2K Posts

January 24th, 2007 13:00

Excellent!

GM
No Events found!