Highlighted
Not applicable

Dell Latitude E4300 - Projecting to an external screen

I project onto a second screen using a VGA to HDMI adapter, and usually works completely fine but once in a while, when I hook it up and it displays to the large external screen, it fails to fill the entire screen. For some reason it's completely sporadic. Usually it will fill it up but sometimes it won't. I am not sure how to make it fill the screen up by default or what. Sometimes if I go into display settings and tool around with it and extend displays, rather than duplicate then, which I do, and switch back, it works. but I would rather just have it do it automatically.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Dell Latitude E4300 - Projecting to an external screen

Unknown as to the culprit. It could be a non-supported Windows 10 issue and not having the needed drivers. You can attempt to use the Intel Driver Update utility to see if it will install newer drivers onto this 2008 laptop.

Run the free Intel Driver Update Utility and see if it installs any newer or missing drivers. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...". When done, restart the computer and retest.

0 Kudos