Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

February 23rd, 2017 04:00

Dell Latitude E5440 black screen with power light on

My Dell Latitude E5440 won't boot. Just black screen with power light on. If i pres the power button, the fan running and turns off

I have tried the following:

- Pulled the battery out, connect the charger and turn on

- Removed BIOS battery, connect the charger and turn on

- Swapped RAM

- Removed both RAM, and try 1 RAM 

None of these helps. I have tried to remove all RAM and turn on, fan running and turns off. It is out of warranty and I'm lazy to fully disassemble my laptop

Video: www.youtube.com/watch

2K Posts

February 25th, 2017 12:00

Hi LATITUDEE7240,

Is this the same issue as reported back in Dec 2016 at this thread?

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then test the system with the adapter only / battery only.

Remove both the memory modules and disconnect the HDD and check if the system starts beeping. If yes, then the disconnected component was causing the issue.

If not, as diagnosed previously, the motherboard is suspected faulty and needs to be replaced.

You could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

March 28th, 2017 03:00

Try following fixes:

Try a different wall outlet, and power it on

Reseat the power cord which is connected to "Power Supply" of the tower and power the Desktop on

Swap the power cord of the Monitor with the system power cord and power on the Desktop.

Ensure that the battery is fully charged

Remove the Battery and disconnect the AC Adapter; Hold the power button down for 5 seconds to discharge "Static Flea Power"

Reseat the battery on the Notebook and power it on

Remove the Battery from the Notebook and power it on using only the AC Adapter

Ensure that the Power LED on the AC Adapter is lit to ensure the functionality of the AC Adapter, also try another working AC Adapter if available.

If all above fixes not give any result then proceed to other methods given in Dell Latitude E5440 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-latitude-e5440-manual&po=344623&lang=English

5 Posts

April 20th, 2017 05:00

Hi DELL-Rishi.

The issue i posted back in 2016 is not the same issue it turns off quickly after i turned it on I've followed your steps but nothing helps

and princetyson, i don't understand your steps.

I'll send it to local repair.

2K Posts

April 20th, 2017 17:00

Hi LATITUDEE7240,

Thank you for the update.

Hope the issue will be resolved after service.

Should you need any info / help, contact us anytime.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2017 13:00

I have the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you

2 Posts

October 13th, 2017 13:00

I have the same problem? How can I fix it? Could you fix it?

Thank you

No Events found!