Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2016 12:00

Dell Latitude E5510 - Error code 2000-0142

Can anyone help with this issue? I assume I need a new Hardrive.

Any help much appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 14th, 2016 17:00

I may be able to help.  Other than the failed diagnostics are you getting any other type of symptoms with the notebook? 

I will be sending you a friend request so that I can get your information and research possible service options. 

TB

June 15th, 2016 01:00

No other known symptoms. What symptoms should I be expecting?

The Laptop won't boot up past the starting Windows logo.

June 15th, 2016 04:00

Is it impossible to get back any of the data from it?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 15th, 2016 04:00

Your original summary is correct - your hard drive has failed and you'll need to replace it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 15th, 2016 05:00

It may or may not be possible.  

If the system still recognizes the drive, mount it in a 2.5" external drive case and attach it to a working system.  See what you can read - if you can read  your data, copy it to the working system's hard drive.

If the system does not recognize the drive, or the above does not work, you'll need to weigh the value of the data against the cost of data recovery.  There are experts who can recover data from even the most badly damaged drives - though it comes at a cost that will start at about $600 and can easily escalate into thousands of dollars depending on the amount of labor involved.  Gillware is among the more reasonably priced and is well respected for its track record if you decide to take that route.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 16th, 2016 13:00

Follow the instructions here to attempt data recovery:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/

Then replace the drive with a SSD. The Latitude E5510 works pretty well with a SSD and a clean install of Windows 10 TH2.

No Events found!