Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 14:00

Dell Latitude E5520 - When will this be compatible with Windows 10

I just noticed that the Dell Latitude E5520 is not in the list of laptops tested with Windows 10.  When will it be?  I want to take advantage of the FREE upgrade to Windows 10 and it turns out my desktop computer, an Optiplex 380, is also not yet tested with Windows 10.  This means I am unable to upgrade for FREE until these get updated drivers.  Please let me know when I might be able to upgrade my two Dell machines to Windows 10.  Thank youo.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 5th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us.

As of now we sure that our testing team is working on the compatibility of the system and the Operating system.Once the testing is done it will be on the Dell support site and the update and drivers will be available. 

Thanks,

Robin

10 Posts

August 5th, 2015 11:00

I'm very glad to hear this. I have a Latitude E5520 and I have upgraded it to Win 10. Everything is working beautifully except for the IDT 92HDXXX Audio.

With the built-in Win 10 audio driver, speakers/headphones work but the microphone does not.

With the Dell IDT 92HDXXX Audio Driver, speaker/headphones switching does not work but the microphone does.

If Dell is able to help resolve this problem I will be most grateful.

Thanks,
John D.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 16:00

After installing Windows 10 (from the Microsoft icon), my E5520 has problems with the touchpad. It stops for a few seconds, randomly. It seems a problem due to the ALPS driver.
Also the webcam has disappeared, no longer present

2 Posts

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Dear Robin,

Do I understand that this will take a while but this model will qualify for the free upgrade to windows 10?  If so, do users of this model need to do it themselves or will there be that button once the testing is done? 

I already tried to upgrade manually but it gives a error message:

0x8007002C - 0x4000D the installation failed in phase SECOND_BOOT with an error during the MIGRATE_DATA modification. (translated the sentence, as it is in Dutch on my computer)

Will this be fixed once all the testing is done?

Thank you,

Maurice

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We would request you to re-install the Touch pad Drivers ( Uninstall the drivers from Device Manager )

Re- Install the Drivers from the Dell Website.

With Regards to the Webcam requesting you to go the Store and install the Webcam App which should help you .

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 17th, 2015 06:00

Hi User100023,

Thank you for writing to us!

Could you please let us know how you did a Manual Upgrade of windows 10.

If you system is on Win 7 and above and if you have run all the required updates and activated the current version of window then you will get a pop-up with will allow you for a free upgrade to win10 

If your computer is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you will see a Windows icon in your system tray. Click the icon and follow the step-by-step instructions to upgrade to Windows 10.

Thanks

Robin

2 Posts

August 18th, 2015 14:00

Thank you for your response. I used (tried to use) this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  

I have installed the last updates but I do not see the pop-up. (7 service pack 1) but I still do not see it, that is why i posted my question. 

Please see my earlier post for the details of the error I received during the installation.

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards

10 Posts

August 18th, 2015 15:00

Does this help? See the discussions re: antivirus etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3f2ytj/windows_10_error_0x8007002c_0x4000d_the/

also

http://www.inmymobileworld.com/2015/08/01/we-couldnt-install-windows-10-0x8007002c0x4000d/

John D.

10 Posts

September 1st, 2015 07:00

On August 5 Dell-Robin D wrote:

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us.
As of now we sure that our testing team is working on the compatibility of the system and the Operating system. Once the testing is done it will be on the Dell support site and the update and drivers will be available.
Thanks,
Robin

Any update as to when/if the Latitude E5520 will be added to the Win 10 Compatibility List? (Audio appears to be the most troublesome.)

John D.

1 Message

September 13th, 2015 10:00

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded my E5520 from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but unfortunately there are several problems with the drivers. I hope someone is still reading this and this machine will be compatible with Windows 10 soon.

1, Sound: It's crackling, skipping and it's very annyoing. The official IDT driver is not working (no microphone or no audio) so I had to use the built-in "High Definition Audio" driver but it's far from perfect. I can't listen music and I can't watch a movie without these crackling, skipping sounds in every 30 seconds. I figured out that some drivers are causing a high DPC latency, most likely that is causing the skippings.

2, Wifi: Advanced-N 6205 wireless card. The browsing experience is very poor on Windows 10 and it's killing my router very often. I know, it's really strange but it's hanging up almost every hour since I'm using Windows 10. If I start using my other laptop with Windows 7 then the router works fine for weeks. Also, I can't open the pages or browse without problems. Usually I have to reload several times before it starts working. Scrolling in Facebook is a nightmare too. It's loading up 10-15 posts, then just keeps loading until I refresh the page. Most likely this wifi driver is causing the high DPC latency too. The latencymon gave back the ndis.sys and tcpip.sys as the "highest DPC routine execution time" and the "driver with highest DPC total execution time". Hopefully this one will be fixed too!

3, Touchpad: The scrolling features are missing from the latest Windows 8 driver but it's really important for me because I'm not using mouse. I know, it has two finger scrolling but I will never use that. I need the good old right side scrolling feature.

4, Freefall sensor: It's not working and not turning off the HDD when I imitate the falling. On Windows 7 I always heard when it parked the HDD's head but now it's doing nothing.

If anyone has any fixes for these problems please let me know. Hopefully this machine will get the official Windows 10 drivers soon.

1 Message

October 19th, 2015 11:00

the only problem in the e5520 with windows 10 is audio driver   IDT 92HDXXX please answer me if there will be any upgrade of idt 92hdxxx for windows 10

and there are a lot of users who use dell laptops with this idt 92hdxxx ,

it is not fair that this high configurations laptop will not run windows 10

it's not fair DELL  ??

1 Message

November 30th, 2015 02:00

Dear sirs (at DELL), we have December 2015 on the calendar.

Is there any movement regarding this issue?

I am your loyal customer since early 2000x, but now I am starting to get surprised.

Kirill

1 Message

February 10th, 2016 20:00

I updated to windows 10 and had no audio had to go back to my windows 7 professional. would love to get updated drivers/software to make windows 10 work

1 Message

May 20th, 2016 14:00

Same issue, and still no answers from Dell.....

2 Posts

June 8th, 2016 08:00

When I started to buy Dell, Dell, salesman told me to only buy Optiplex and Latitde because they are professional products and provide support and drivers for many years.
Unlike Inspiron that "disappears" from supporto after one-two years.
But it seems to me that even Latitude got into oblivion, especially E5520...
No Events found!