parrotrpg1
1 Nickel

(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Jump to solution

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks

-Ryan

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: (Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Jump to solution

Parrot

This is possibly the newest FAQ on Control point

support.dell.com/.../document

Most 2011 models of Latitude, Optiplex and Precision systems should have Dell Control Point 1.4 preinstalled. Dell Control point is available via download at www.dell.com/.../drivers under the Control Point category.

Dell Control Point 1.4 is module-based software. Installation requires three main modules to be installed independent of each other. These are:

1)       System Manager (contains base DCP files, Power Manager and Display & Devices modules)

2)       Connection Manager

3)       Security Manager (contain both Security Manager and Embassy Security Center)

You can run DCP by just installing System Manager as it already has most of the essential tools like power settings, ambient light sensor and keyboard backlit configuration. However, for extended support on your connection, the Connection Manager is required for advanced networking too, and Security Manager is a shortcut portal to the Embassy Wave Suite security software.

Run the System Manager file first after these 3 files are downloaded. Once the setup is completed, restart the system and continue with the Connection Manager.

Current the file library is down, so i apologize for the lack of links leading to the needed drivers.  If you haven't tried already please take a look at support.dell.com, use your service tag and find the latest files for the System manager, Connection Manager and Security Manager and install them.  Please report back here if the problem continues.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
parrotrpg1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've tried already to find the necessary files on the support site, and I managed to get the Connection Manager and Security Manager, but I still can't find the System Manager...which is really the only one I need. I've tried installing the Vista 64 version, but it gives me an error, even in compatibility mode. I found 32-bit ones...which don't help.

I formatted and installed Windows 7 myself by the way. The E6400 is technically a 2008 laptop anyway.

Oh, and my integrated webcam doesn't work either. Same with this one, the Vista 64 bit version still won't install. So My webcam is useless.

Any other help would be appreciated! I am a proud Dell user!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

parrotrpg1,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
parrotrpg1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm done fiddling with it, it's not worth it. I bought an external webcam....one way to solve it! The warranty expired in April this year.

However I still need Control Point. Anybody who has a solution reply please!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

parrotrpg1,

You didn't answer the questions. Without the answers, we cannot help you.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

parrotrpg1

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400

downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%2...

The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.

TB

#IWork4Dell

parrotrpg1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I don't remember if I installed the drivers in the correct order. I installed chipset first though.

As I said, I don't care about the webcam anymore.

I also said, the warranty expired April this year.

I only need Control Point. I have no desire to reinstall the operating system.

I'll try the download and let you know!

0 Kudos
parrotrpg1
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

The download worked! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, I am happy that you have Control Point up and running.

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos