Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2012 15:00

(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks

-Ryan

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 30th, 2012 12:00

parrotrpg1

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400

downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf

The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.

TB

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 27th, 2012 16:00

Parrot

This is possibly the newest FAQ on Control point

support.dell.com/.../document

Most 2011 models of Latitude, Optiplex and Precision systems should have Dell Control Point 1.4 preinstalled. Dell Control point is available via download at www.dell.com/.../drivers under the Control Point category.

Dell Control Point 1.4 is module-based software. Installation requires three main modules to be installed independent of each other. These are:

1)       System Manager (contains base DCP files, Power Manager and Display & Devices modules)

2)       Connection Manager

3)       Security Manager (contain both Security Manager and Embassy Security Center)

You can run DCP by just installing System Manager as it already has most of the essential tools like power settings, ambient light sensor and keyboard backlit configuration. However, for extended support on your connection, the Connection Manager is required for advanced networking too, and Security Manager is a shortcut portal to the Embassy Wave Suite security software.

Run the System Manager file first after these 3 files are downloaded. Once the setup is completed, restart the system and continue with the Connection Manager.

Current the file library is down, so i apologize for the lack of links leading to the needed drivers.  If you haven't tried already please take a look at support.dell.com, use your service tag and find the latest files for the System manager, Connection Manager and Security Manager and install them.  Please report back here if the problem continues.

TB

9 Posts

July 28th, 2012 23:00

Hello,

I've tried already to find the necessary files on the support site, and I managed to get the Connection Manager and Security Manager, but I still can't find the System Manager...which is really the only one I need. I've tried installing the Vista 64 version, but it gives me an error, even in compatibility mode. I found 32-bit ones...which don't help.

I formatted and installed Windows 7 myself by the way. The E6400 is technically a 2008 laptop anyway.

Oh, and my integrated webcam doesn't work either. Same with this one, the Vista 64 bit version still won't install. So My webcam is useless.

Any other help would be appreciated! I am a proud Dell user!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2012 17:00

parrotrpg1,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2012 11:00

parrotrpg1,

You didn't answer the questions. Without the answers, we cannot help you.

Rick

9 Posts

July 30th, 2012 11:00

I'm done fiddling with it, it's not worth it. I bought an external webcam....one way to solve it! The warranty expired in April this year.

However I still need Control Point. Anybody who has a solution reply please!

9 Posts

July 31st, 2012 14:00

I don't remember if I installed the drivers in the correct order. I installed chipset first though.

As I said, I don't care about the webcam anymore.

I also said, the warranty expired April this year.

I only need Control Point. I have no desire to reinstall the operating system.

I'll try the download and let you know!

9 Posts

July 31st, 2012 16:00

The download worked! Thank you so much!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

August 1st, 2012 08:00

Thanks for the update, I am happy that you have Control Point up and running.

TB

1 Message

September 27th, 2013 04:00

To solve the issue of finger print i have installed the following for windows 7 64 bit

DELL_CONTROLPOINT-CONNECTION_A18-2339_R254220

APP_WIN_R312259

CV_WBF_Setup_Y2GT8_64bit_ZPE

These updates made the FPrint works .

Regarding the Unknown stuff in the Device Manager installed 

Wireless_15.6.1_s64

E6420-win7-A01-R310719.CAB

Ricoh_multi-device_A01_R230630_setup_ZPE

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 20:00

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my XT3. Is there a Control Point driver? If not, is there a known earlier version (e.g. Win 8 64 bit) that will work.  My buttons on the tablet face stopped working and my stylus is not longer recognized. What links are the recommended driver updates after updating to Win 10 64 bit (clean install) since the XT3 is no longer supported.  I updated all drivers per the auto detect at dell.com (BIOS, Network, SATA, Chipset) downloaded system manager, but still can't get buttons and stylus to work.  After I am done with that I will figure out how to get the finger print reader to work.

No Events found!