Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2016 01:00

Dell Latitude E6420 shows wrong battery percentage

Hey, I have a dell latitude E6420. I was using laptop and doing my routine work and then i got notification that 7% battery is remaining,Plugin the charger.. While there was 67% Charging was remaining (1Hr 9min estimate) .And ligh was also blinking orange.Then laptop shutted down automatically.

Battery Information in BIOS are follows

Health= Low

AC ADAPTER= 90W

Kindly help and give suggestions..

November 4th, 2016 23:00

Hi Rabanibaloch3

Thanks for writing to us.

When dd the issue start? Is the battery charging now . Could you please try with another battery if possible.

If the battery is charging and goes beyond 10% could you please try updating the BIOS .

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under. Let us

know the contact number and email address.

Regards

November 5th, 2016 01:00

The issue started yesterday. I noted that charging jumps from 40% to 100% .and now its showing " cosider replacing your battery " on battery icon.

I'm not having another battery so i can't

November 5th, 2016 02:00

I've now also updated the bios to latest ver. But the problem still resists!

November 5th, 2016 23:00

Looks like the batter is faulty.

If the system is under warranty and within initial one year or with an extended battery warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private

conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If

there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -

http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

November 6th, 2016 23:00

Hi, Please do give us a shout should you have any further questions

No Events found!