Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2017 01:00

Dell Latitude E6440 fails to display after installing drivers

I have the model laptop above which when I have installed win 8.1 and try to install Intel and AMD display drivers, will fail to display after a restart or wake from standby. I can tell that the laptop is on and the mouse icon will show but it will fail to display. I can use it as is without the display drivers but as i need to connect my second screen via VGA or HDMI it will not be possible as it needs the enhanced drivers.

Please help.

4 Posts

April 20th, 2017 03:00

I met with the same problem too. I got into system from safe mode, and remove these new drives I installed, and then my laptop got to normal display. If you can’t remove the new installed drives, try to restore your laptop to the previous point before these drives are installed.

3 Posts

April 20th, 2017 04:00

I did just that and have managed to work on the laptop. Is there no way to get the drivers and be able to use the ability to connect external display devices? I shall need to connect projectors and such so I really need that functionality.

9.4K Posts

April 20th, 2017 06:00

Hi cocoworlds,

Thanks for posting.

Be sure you have the drivers installed in the proper order. http://dell.to/2opVYSp

No Events found!